REHABILITATION TREATMENT: PATIENT SELECTION CRITERIA
Patient selection criteria for applying the rehabilitation procedure using the brain-computer interface (BCI)-controlled hand exoskeleton:
- Adult patients up to 80 years old who suffered stroke 1-24 months ago;
- Children suffering cerebral palsy;
- Patients with post-stroke hand paresis (individuals with light to severe motor impairment including totalloss of motor functions in one or several joints);
- Patients with single focus of ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke with a supratentorial localization (based on MRI and CT data).
Both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs are available.
The rehabilitation procedure is not recommended for patients with:
- Severe impairment of cognitive functions;
- Impairment of speech perception;
- Severe speech impairment;
- Severe vision impairment making unable to see clearly the instructions on computer monitor;
- Hand muscle contractures that are limiting opportunity to make active and passive movements in joints
Medical centers providing «Exokist-2» rehabilitation service are listed here.